• Retreat R151-DS Render

    Things you will need to do

Building approval is required for most developments to ensure building complies with building laws, including the Building Code of Australia. Building approval is usually obtained after you have submitted and been granted Development approval. The relaxation of ‘second dwelling’ or ‘Granny Flat’ laws in most states now make this a more streamlined process.

However, building approval must be sought before construction begins and there are some steps that you will need to undertake, or engage builder to do for you to get pre planning approval underway before building your Shack.